The GCSE results for 2023 are soon approaching and it will leave many forced to look at retakes and alternatives. Here at Leeds Maths Tutor, we support all learners of ages and skill sets with their GCSE resits. We understand that gaining this qualifications is difficult, this is why we have made this article listening some helpful tips that we have found to be most effective with our previous learners.
- Find a credited service- This service will allow you to enrol for your GCSE maths retake.
- Identify your weakest areas- It is important to be aware of the areas you need to improve and find the most difficult. These topic areas need the most attention before your resit and should be where you start your revision.
- Set challenging but realistic goals- Setting goals can be a great way to motivate you in your preparation of the exam. Ensure these goals will push you but are achievable as not reaching these goals may knock your confidence.
- Create a study plan- Developing a study schedule can be the perfect way to ensure you are doing enough revision to get you prepared for your resists. We advise building study time into your routine when possible. Note that revision must not be rushed and enough time must be blocked out for it in order for it to be effective.
- Obtain quality materials- There are many free resources available online but some aren’t as effective. We recommend that you use credited resources, perhaps the one from your exam board of choice.
- Understand the exam- Being aware of the process of the exam is key to success and will calm nerves. You should know your timings on the exam, the structure and how the questions will be worded.
- Find help when in need- There will be topics and questions that you are simply puzzled by, this is when you should be asking others and centres to help you understand.
Feel free to get in touch with us today if you are interested in learning more about GCSE resits or have any questions regarding the given advice. Our team is always happy to help and are only a phone call away.